RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nose hunts to the right?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Nose hunts to the right?

I think I have the gyro set up like you're talking about. I'm the tiniest bump on the gain knob away from constant wag. It still wags every once in a while when I give it a lot of throttle to gain altitude, but otherwise it doesn't. The servo isn't 12 ms. It's .12 second transit time to go 60 degrees. Sorry for the confusion. It looks like the best tail servos make the same movement in .06, so mine is half as fast as the best ones.

I think I have all the vibrations eliminated as best this airframe can be. There's no noticeable shake at the landing gear or tail boom, and holding the heli while I check blade tracking gives me the slightest vibration in my hand once they are tracked right. I balance all of my blades for both weight and CG, have everything straight, I balanced my head with the flybar attached using a DuBro prop balancer, and I weighed my tail blades on a reloading scale.

You say not to ever trim the tail, but I'd like to know why. For hovering, trimming the tail gives me a better behaved machine that errs as much to the left as to the right reducing my workload somewhat. So is the fact that there is some rudder input at hover going to mess up other maneuvers?