RCU Forums - View Single Post - P-40 Brotherhood (All P-40's Welcome)
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: P-40 Brotherhood (All P-40's Welcome)

ORIGINAL: Duplicator41

Well I just can't resist this brotherhood as just like Chad I've had a love/hate relationship with the P40. My first one, a TF red box kit with fixed gear loved me. My second one, a Brian Taylor P40 modified to a ''B'' model did everything it could to make me look bad. Somehow I managed not to kill it. So in my lengthy build queue is a JB P40C with a terrific Vic fiberglass fuse and Sierra retracts as well as another Brian Taylor P40 an ''E'' this time.
Beautiful mod of the Taylor plan Duplicator41. Best of luck with your other Warhawks as well. The Bates B/C has a bit of a reputation as a hand full as well. Build light and build straight would be my advice on that one! Strange too as one of the best flying P-40 models I've ever seen was a Bates P-40N which shares the same wing and tail surfaces. That slightly longer fuselage must make all the difference in the world.

ORIGINAL: SVX
Hi Chad,

Thanks, no I never did. Last year I felt that I needed to to legitimize the model and fly her so I bought a TF Mustang to hone my skills. Well I couldn't leave well enough alone and am in the process of making a more scale cowl, scoop etc. which is taking forever so it got pushed back again. I must say all the comments so far on this thread are instilling me with allot of confidence.
I know all about not being ablle to leave well enough alone SVX! That's half the fun and whether your P-40 flies this year or next or never doesn't really matter as long as you're enjoying the ride.