RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Vyger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/10 RC Formula 1 Cars...lets see'em

Hey Kramer. Sorry I've been away for a while...life, it gets busy. OH NOOOO!!!! WOW, I have to say I've never seen that before. Was the paint totally dried in between cotes. You still might be able to salvage it, if you want to put the time into the process. There's a thinner you can use on lexan that wont harm it. Most thinners will fog the lexan and cause it to become brittle. The Testors 1148 thinner is in my bag of tricks to fix problems.

You would need to strip that entire section basically the nose and start over. Make sure you wash it well with soap and water. Before you start painting it again place the body over a while sheet of paper (or anything bright white) to make sure all the color has been removed. Keep doing this until you have a clean section ready to repeat the painting process. Or...start over with another body...those are the only two options that I can think of.

Below is a link to the UF1 Houston website. This is a really cool place to hang out and all the guys are super cool. There's a thread they started on there with some of the stuff I've done in the past. I've added pics of the McLaren build that I did way back in 2008. The link below is a direct link.

http://www.uf1houston.com/index.php?...54-vyger-work/