RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:47 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How many gallons of nitro do you burn in a season ?

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Hard to say.. A lot has come up the last couple years, so I haven't burnt as much.. At the moment I'd say eight-ish. In past years, more like 10-12-ish... Rough estimates though - I don't keep an exact count, and every year is different.. But I reckon eight-ish is a good rough figure.

I recently found a gallon in the cellar I'd forgotten about, and think I'm just about done with it after three-ish weeks. I think I've broken in about 5-6 engines this year too..

Ideally I would burn 10-12 per year, given the ****ty winter here. If the winter weren't so awful, I'd probably manage more like 15 or so.. A 4-liter canister of Tornado %25 btw costs €44.

That is awesome dude.....you definitely get your driving enjoyment from the hobby...............that amount of gallons relates to a substantial amount of hours running and maintaining your cars.........We burn a very similar amount here on average...would burn more if the season was longer.....I have a few guys who will burn 1 gallon in 1 day at the track...they run lap after lap after lap.........One of the racers I do engines for will burn 10 cases per year, which is 40 gallons of fuel.....