RCU Forums - View Single Post - STRETCHING A HULL...IS IT POSSIBLE ??? Old Graupner Systems Cat build
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 AM
colosus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STRETCHING A HULL...IS IT POSSIBLE ??? Old Graupner Systems Cat build

Thats a Very nice Cat by the way...good colors
I do have the alu stinger rudder pictured in first post...

Rebel Bay i posted some pics again..what ive got and seen on the original is the Hydro-Speed II 1782 that i pictured earlier, its the 26euro steerable outdrive units without the flex, and i have two of them, there not scale but they look good in the water, i know there only teflon and can withstand up to 100kw of power, so i guess they will bust with the Leopard motors, or i will modify two GTX650 outboard motors to run inboard...these will look scale once i finished, and theres nothing in them just motor & flex so no gears...i will remove the top GTX cover and mod the flex so it comes out the transome in a straight line into the GTX650 units.. fitting one each side like the real deal...just not sure if the 650 is big enough..i think it is..the motor will not be ontop !! you can just see very simular drives on the real Cat in my photo here..

On the other note, i can only find two other hulls that are simular to Systems Cat...and they are 48 and 60inch boats (1175mm) and 60'' is 1524mm, the first one is 240 wide same as Graupner Systems so they made it longer...thats Thunder Tiger Desperado Cat
The other is Expresscraft but there systems cat is the very old one...these both cost over $300 not to mention the import frieght..
http://www.expresscraft.com/systems-cat.html
http://www.ruberkon.com/desperado-rc...ess-motor.html

So im still at a loss...trouble is ...once i cut this, there is no going back...i will have to make it work..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28415.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1801563   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98074.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1801564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65339.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	8.7 KB