RCU Forums - View Single Post - This is ridiculous...
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: This is ridiculous...

Agreed, still a sound choice. What I would do with the ESC for a single battery is simply cut the two connectors off (you'll be left with just two wires) and solder an ultra deans on. Simples.

The only complaint I have heard about that car is that with EXTREME bashing (big jumps and roof landings, etc), the shock towers are bendy. To be honest, the stock towers are so cheap, I wouldn't bother with an upgrade. I'd just keep straighteneing them until they became soft, then replace with another stock item. Another trick I've heard is using the stock stamped aluminum ones with a carbon fiber one stuck together with epoxy. This is an old trick for some of the older buggies, I'm not even sure if its feasible for the LX, but like I say, just straighten the stock ones IF you ever manage to bend them, it's no biggie. You could always go for the fat expensive alloy ones some time down the line, but at the end of the day, they will still bend if you land on them from 15 feet at speed.

Some people are paranoid about the plastic rear brace (Pyromatic himself included), but don't be too tempted to try to 'solve' that, as particularly on the rough stuff, the plastic brace gives good chassis flex which is very beneficial to handling. Consider that almost all Xray cars are supplied with composite braces these days, and even those that are not, you will often find that racers have swapped them to composite for racing. Pyromatic installed a full alloy top deck to his, which I'm sure gives him peace of mind, but is not something that I would feel necessary.