Old 09-23-2012, 11:10 PM
TimWatson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hex Servo Screws

ORIGINAL: Ali

ORIGINAL: ModellbauUK

Not quite jets related but I will be using these on jets

Does anyone know where I can buy in quantity (about 500 or so) hex head self tapping servo screws like the ones available from Tamjets.

Als hobbies do them but they cost twice as much for half as many.

These are the ones I mean

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...roducts_id=282

Cheers

Ian

Really.. Have you not got anything better to do Ian? I mean come on. How else do you think I am going to be able to retire and buy that Island in the Caribbean and yacht to go with it?
Just for your info, but I am sure as a seasoned business man in this model trade you know all of this already..

Tam Jets does indeed sell twice as many screws as we do for $5.99. We sell 50 for £3.49. Tams dollar price at todays rate works out to around £3.69 for twice as many screws, so nearly spot Ian. Well done. Of course I guess you factored in that the dollar to pound at the moment is at a damn good rate, and that maybe I priced these screws when the rate was closer to 1.5-1?? Right? Then of course you factored in the 20% Vat and lets say 4% duty that should be paid on any import from the USA right??? Course you did.. Oh and then did you factor in that I have to pre pack every bag as they come to me in one big bag. ( or did you think that in my effort to get rich quick I was paying a member of staff in peanuts to pick out 50 screws from every bag, change the bag itself and put a new header card on each bag, and this of course incurred no cost? ) Lastly, I am sure you thought about the shipping right???

At least this thread bought a little bit of sunshine into my otherwise dull and damp Monday morning. Now I must go and see how the servo screw retirement fund is maturing.

Regards Al

Dont forget to mention that it is difficult counting to 50 and also that you have to check each bag to make sure they have not put in 51