RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Jammin CRT.5 1/12 Truggy Build Thread and E-Conversion
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ofna Jammin CRT.5 1/12 Truggy Build Thread and E-Conversion

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

if you ever get bored with it buy a scrt10/nexx10 chassis, and center dogbones. Then slap a 1/8th scale buggy body, and wing on it as I demonstrate in the attached pic(I also used ome 17mm conversion hex's I had laying around with 1/8th scale buggy rims)
or use the shock towers off the SCRT10, and have a SCT
Interesting idea - I must say thought that SCT's don't really appeal to me. Although I must admit the Ofna SCT looks pretty good - I guess I feel like others just look so bloated - they try to look "scale" as all the SCT fans will say, but the body is so disproportionally wide that it's silly.

I mean, it's not really scale. They left the non-scale massively wide wheelbase of a ST and slapped on a wider body to cover the wheels, really. At least, that's what I feel in most cases.

By comparison, the little Tamiya F-150 (TA-02T chassis) is much more scale looking - it's very narrow in comparison. But it won't handle well in a race compared to all the "fat boys", so folks neglect it as a race vehicle. Real racers should adopt that scale of a platform and see how their skills fare then.