RCU Forums - View Single Post - My first RC Truggy
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My first RC Truggy

ORIGINAL: BrokenRecord

Just wanted to give a quick update on this:

I went to install the new hex hubs for tonight when I find out that they don't fit. They are 17mm which is what HPI says is needed, but the axle has an extra little width where the pin goes through. Interesting [:@]. I take the car down to the local HShop and they don't have anything in stock that will fit, wow HPI, just wow. I am now in the process of trying to get a refund from the website I bought it from (greathobbies) because this is absolutely ridiculous. 5 tanks have been through this truggy, 3 of them have been idling and the other 2 were half tanks before it broke.. I doubt I will pick up another RC any time soon just from this experience but it's just too depressing to even think of picking up a different one.

Cheers,
I really feel for you man . But don't give up on RC altogether, there are many great cars/trucks/buggies/truggies ect available that will give you more time driving than wrenching. I once had a similar experience, I think you should just sell it and get a new one. I have seen many crap come out of hpi before and I don't think I can ever by one of there cars, I don't know why half of their were even released. For the future, make sure you do lots of research before spending your hard earnt cash on stuff like these. I did tonnes of research before buying my thunder tiger mt4 and to be honest, if it wasn't for the research and asking about I would've of ended up with a lemon. Hope it all works out for you soon