RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plastic fittings for Water/Juice Bottles
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plastic fittings for Water/Juice Bottles

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

The neoprene sounds to iffy then, although one posted did swear by the Hayes brand of neoprene for non ethanol gas. Your ester based poly from McMaster Carr sounds excellent. I'm not clear on it's advantages over the yellow tygon tubing that is so popular...?

Thanks again, Ernie
The biggest advantage of the PolyU tubing is that it stays flexible. I have one tank I built 3 years ago when I first discovered this stuff, and the tubes are as flexible as when they were first installed. Inside and outside the tank.

I've heard that the Hayes neoprene is good stuff. I'd bet that someone at Hayes found a good formulation from some supplier and they have stayed with it.

Havingdone rubber compounding for Gates Rubber years ago, I can tell you that there are as many formulations of neoprene as there are compounders. The better compounds go in high pressure hydraulic hoses, designed to withstand not only very high pressure but temperature, oil chemistry, ozone and oxygen. These hoses are not your common garden variety you'd buy at your local Pep Boys. These are highly engineered, precision, high tech products