RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Contender slimer conversion
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mini Contender slimer conversion

I don't have any of that hardware, only the muffler. I guess I could order a fusetop header from MACS, it's only $24.95 and what with the rework I had done on the motor why not spend more? And to think I was grumbling about the cost of a Profi F2A motor.

My options here are completely upright or angled about 45 degrees. Either way I'd have to relieve the firewall a bit, but the other thing is that the firewall and cowl shape put the carb really high with the engine upright. At least with the angled mount the carb will be closer to the tank centerline.

The rear exhaust option, however, solves that problem completely. I do have a couple of 2.5cc tuned pipes. It would look cool I guess. Hmm..

I forgot this was a trike gear model when I was fantasizing about inverting the engine and tucking it into the cowl. I could deal with the nose gear mounting, but that rear exhaust kinda gets in the way.

The sane option would be to mount my FP .15 instead, but I am determined to fit the Conquest for all the wrong reasons.