RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas Critics opinion please
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

I would have to 2nd the plastic slider shaft.

They are fine I guess for the brushed models, but have no place on their brushless stuff.

But traxxas dont care, just more spare parts they can sell.

The worst is on the emaxx. They are a pain to replace, and not cheap! And dogbone upgrades are very pricey. But thats what the truck needs, the plastic ones will twist and snap even with the brushed motors.

Many complain of how the reuse parts on "new" models. While I would like to see some completely new model, I understand why they do what they do. By resusing parts on new models, they make it easier to get parts (as hobby stores already stock %90 of the parts) and they keep cost down a bit.

It has been mentioned that they dont cater to racers. I dont see that changing. They have the market for newbs and bashers. The day they make some stuff that is in kit form and is more race oriented I will see a pig fly

Its easy to bash a company, but in this hobby if you dont like a company because of "A" you can find a company that does what you want. I own redcat models because they offer the cheapest RTR brushless models. Ive owned a few rustler vxl's because with RPM upgrades they are they toughest high speed basher out there. I have an ECX torment because its the best low cost SCT on the market.

It would be nice if the companies listened to us little guys. But I dont see traxxas changing their ways for us....not while their sales are high.