RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:41 PM
mobyal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hangar 9 1/4 Scale P 18 Super Cub

ORIGINAL: roknHS

Mine showed up Friday............the V brace in the front windshield area was knocked loose...........nothing broken........have to reglue with some canopy glue I guess.
The plane is nicely done. A lot more scale features than the 1/4 scale J3.................
Cowl panel lines and rivets are excellant...........corrugated metal look on the flaps and ailerons is excellant..........landing gear detail is very good............removeable greenhouse roof is a nice feature...........trailing edge of the wing has been machined concave so the flaps and ailerons can be attached with no hinge gap.............landing and wing lights are a nice touch. The only funky thing I see is the weird little plywood doubler that fits on the outside of the fuselage at the leading edge of the horizontal stab. That looks like something Nitro Planes would have come up with for one of their cheaper than dirt designs.
Why did you do that Mr. Brundle????? .............................it looks like a last minute add on that should have been added to the inside of the fuselage........not the outside.

That plate replicates the plate on the full-scale. It's where the leading edge of the horizontal stab , which is raised and lowered by a hand crank in the cockpit to trim the airplane, passes through the fuselage. It's on all J-3 and Super Cubs.