RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flat Spins in a BVM Bandit
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
Default RE: Flat Spins in a BVM Bandit

Right on, Harry. Heres my last job in the RAF, teaching instructors how to teach this (and to teach them the effects of mishandling a spin, ready for student's mistakes, such as partial controls, particularly the (mis) use of in and outspin aileron. Could be quite exciting, but we were young and fearless. ! Note the guy in LHS is CFS, home of flying, and flying training in the RAF, so what would they not know that Cactus, Falcon and High Horse, know far better !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUn1vaXEF_U

Cactus flier: Chardonnay for Pussies, depends on the Chardonnay (try Leuwin Estate Art series !! Australian nectar, prime white in BA First Class, $200 a bottle !) ! Not the usual Californian PI55. !! Lucky to get a second cup of (poor) coffee on AA. Come and join me for dinner at OSH with HH and FW !

Still waiting for BE's reply to my challenge !

Keep up the BS,

David.

PS When I was a QFI at Manby (SORF) some of our students were extremely well qualified eg, Commandant, designate, CFS and Commandant, designate, of RAFC Cranwell (both my refresher students) as well as people like Reggie Spiers , CFI designate of ETPS. On non flying days we discussed the finer points of flying (we needed to know all our student could teach US) and flying instruction in minute and great detail . Never, ever, had the garbage, you read here on RCU !!