RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flat Spins in a BVM Bandit
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 PM
BinkeyBo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flat Spins in a BVM Bandit

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Harry C has nailed it RIGHT on the head, fly with you anytime Harry (in fact, lets do it soon !)

Bald Eagle is totally confused between incipient spinning (as quoted by Piggott) and the developed spin, (if he really IS an instructor, which I seriously doubt, he would, or should be absolutely clear on this) the recovery is totally different. Try centralising the controls as for an incipient spin when it is fully developed, things can get VERY exciting and the houses get bigger really fast ! In a Jet Provost for example it would go high rotational and lose a lot of height in the recovery ! The inertias involved in models however, means they nearly always (someone spun a Starjet into the ground at Long Marston I hear) recover by releasing the controls as do SOME full size aircraft.

Sorry BE your post was complete tosh, unstalling the wing is achieved by stick forward, the rudder opposes the yaw which is always present in a true spin.

Would love to know where BE did his instructor training and I challenge him to show me any text book or web site which recommends his (or HighHorse's) technique for standard spin recovery, i.e. stick forward when spin stops !

.......and c'mon Falconwings, (an HH) can't you indulge in a sensible mature, aerodynamic debate without the first resort of personal insults. Perhaps you and HH should read the reference I gave you.

Regards,

David.
I think in error you deleted the incorrect posts. This was the one that contained an attack. Just pointing things out as you asked