Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: It's Building Season, Whats on your bench?

This one kind of snuck up on meunexpectedly. While at Warbirds Over the Rockies I bought a Balsa USA 1/4 scale Fokker D-VII kit that I hadn't even planned on buying. I was talking with Mark Enderby of Balsa USA at their trailer at the event and bought the kit almost on a whim. And as I was walking back to the car I didn't really have any plans on when it would go on the building board and be built. But on the drive home from Colorado and since then this bird has been just about all I can think about. I can't get the build and what I want to do with it out of my mind. So, to make a long story short, this kit has gone to the front of the line for my building board and is now my winter project!!!
So, I'm building a 1/4 scale Balsa USA Fokker D-VII. I'm planning on doing it in the Ernst Udet "Do doch nicht" red and white striped colors. I've got a Glen Torrence cockpit detail kit for it. I'll be getting an engine detail kit from Proctor as well. For power I'm planning on using a Zenoah G-38 in it. I'm going to replace the unrealistic wire landing skid with a more scale like wood skid. I also plan on changing out the landing gear and building gear with a shockabsorption built into them like the full scale plane had. Will be using pull-pull for the rudder and elevator, but still haven't made up my mind if I want to do the same with ailerons or not. Other than that I don't have any other plans for it yet.
Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71940.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	1820403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10985.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	1820404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76268.jpg
Views:	27