RCU Forums - View Single Post - GLOW FUEL PRICES???
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: GLOW FUEL PRICES???

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard
I can't see ever buying another glow engine, just makes no sense except I have so many of the high dollar glow engines that are no longer worth spit, I have to keep using them. Just not as often these days.
Are the glow engines just not selling or you feel getting your investment out of them would be difficult pricewise? I only have a few glow engines and I was thinking about selling them. I figure I will only get about 50% of the price depending on the engine. One is an OS 91FX and a Saito 1.25 and both probably have a gallon of fuel through them.

If I cannot get a fair price for them when I get ready to sell them then I will probably put them on planes and hopefully get some time to fly them. I like the gas so much though that I don't think I will fly the glow much so doesn't make sense for me to keep them. They will more than likely collect dust and to me that is a waste.

If glow fuel had a chance of coming down in price I would keep some glow engines.
A lot depends on your area, I'm in Vegas and glow engines just don't sell. We have so much open space and the fields are big enough that bigger planes are used in my area. The king of engines here are the DLE 30. I have a fleet of YS engines that new cost a bunch more then the DLEs. No one is even buying glow engines at the swap meet. I found a good YS 1.10 Sport with an asking price of $200.00 but I think I could have gotten it for $100.00 but I sure don't need another glow engine. So, they aren't selling and I'm the only one I know using YS so it's even harder to sell them. I would just loose too much so I keep using them. I have a few gas engines on hand, two of them I can use but the G-62 is too big for the planes I build these days.