RCU Forums - View Single Post - Copywrites, Patents, Rights???
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copywrites, Patents, Rights???

But what about the guy who was in business 20 - 30 years ago , and then closed and has been sitting on the molds etc.. Now Re-opens and starts producing the kits again for a side business or primary income.. You saying he has no rights ? I would think so , I have also talked to a attorney a few years ago about this same thing and it is obvious that there are many different thought about this. Anyhow I'm glad to see the original molds coming out and being reused to produce kits. I think the guy who has the original products with the designers approval etc. should have rights.. I would like to see someone splash a Great Planes Dirty Birdy ( a direct copy ) and I bet there would be some heart burn over that .. I know there have been several R/C lawsuits with a few products and the original designer, producer , etc. has won over the clones.

It would be different if it was a part here and there for personal use or a friend etc. But to make mass production and sell that is different. I find it hard that some of the past production / designers have not approached this more.

any how something to think about while attacking the turkey tomorrow..

s.