RCU Forums - View Single Post - Elan Has Arrived!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:36 AM
Colin Allen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Elan Has Arrived!

I completed the refit of my Elan, removing the P120SX (destined for another model), and putting in a P100RX. It has served me well with the 120SX for the last couple of years with many flights. Photo of the refit... nice having a bit more room to put things, and the all up weight is now quite a bit less. The P100RX is another story though. I had the accelleration problems others have reported (supposedly fixed by setting the idle throttle response to Very Slow), including one very hot start which fried the underside of my stab. Fortunately I had a bit of alum tape protecting the servo hatches, but clearly I should have had a lot more! Removed the blistered covering, lightly sanded, and good coating of tape this time... just in case!

After fiddling around quite a bit, I got one good start and run out of the P100RX, but now it wont start at all... gets to Preheat2, the starter motor starts, and then it stops almost straight away before even getting to ignition with an "RPM Low" error... tried everything, engine sent back to Peter Agnew for him to sort out. It's first flight after the refit will have to wait!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74466.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1827169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88428.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1827170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36422.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	62.4 KB