RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quandary...
Thread: Quandary...
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Quandary...

ORIGINAL: LSP972

Getting back into the hobby after a several year lay-off. It would seem that 2.4 has ''taken over''... it was in its infancy when I left.

I'm struggling now with whether or not to ''go'' to 2.4 or just stay with 72mHz. It sure is hard to abandon all the 72mHz stuff I have, and I don't go to fly-ins or other places where freq control is an issue. Apparently, there is nobody left on 72 mHz at my club, so...

The decision to switch or not is another topic... my question here is... should I indeed decide to switch, will converting my beloved 9Z to 2.4 suffice, or should I just spring for a new 12 channel Futaba 2.4 radio?

I moved from a 9CAP to a JR XP9303. The Spektrum 2.4 module came out shortly after. I have been using this combination for the past 5 years without any issues. I can fly 72Mhz or 2.4

I am not suggesting you switch to JR or Spektrum. My point is that if your 9Z does everything you want it to do and it can be easily converted to 2.4, then there is nothing wrong with that approach.

What I missed by not purchasing a JR X9303 was some Latency and the Model Match feature.

If I had converted my 9CAP to 2.4 I would have only had 8 channels.