RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quandary...
Thread: Quandary...
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 05:54 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Quandary...

ORIGINAL: proline8000

If you like your 9Z and you are using PCM and if your club still allows 72 Mhz than there is no reasion to change. At my local club most of the members are still using 72 and as more update to 2.4 the 72 bands are clear all day long. People think that 2.4 is more reliable than 72 and they are wrong it is just different, totaly different.
We have already had two crashes this year because some have forgotten to pay attention to the need for a frequency pin and shot another down. Some have forgotten to extend their antenna because they do not have to do that with 2.4. I realize these are procedural issues, but it is happening.

2.4 is safer to use and free from most RF noise. It is not just different, it is better. We have no rules against flying 72Mhz at our fields and I have nothing against anyone flying on 72, but I have converted all my aircraft to 2.4 and I am satisfied that it was the right thing to do. I travel around the NE going to different events all summer and I never have any issues. I never have to wait for a frequency pin to fly, just an open flight station.