RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM
smoked_g60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Now that my drift car is down, and my xs has broken an a-arm and waiting on parts, I decided to order some stuff to spiff my xs up. Stainless screw kit to replace the silly button heads which strip out again and again, HR aluminum shocks, and a new El Camino body plus 2 sets of tuning springs. Also a TBR front bumper to try and avoid the broken a arm again.

I slapped some Speedtread Robbers on mine for on-road bashing and really like them, esp for the price. Each axle set, pre-mounted was just $23 at my LHS. I finally tagged a front wheel hard enough to snap the shaft, and blow out the a-arm.

I havent found the perfect limit strap yet, but I'm thinking ball-chain or 30-50lb test monofilament are the best options. finding a cool way to mount them is the challenge. THe fishing line would look kinda ghetto, but I like the idea of shiny silver ball-chain for limit straps. Thinking of using ring style electrical connectors crimped on to the ball-chain, then bolted to one of the un-used sway bar mounting points.

My girls xs broke pretty quickly but this is a lesson in the things that are too easy to break. Second jump she took, upside down, WOT, and snapped the silly shock mount. Also lost the spring, and as it was getting dark, we never found it. I slapped the shocks from the front of my 1/8 nitro Swift for her broken ones, but the springs are way too stiff. When the HR tuning springs arrive I'll try them out instead. I schooled her in throttle controll in midair as well.

Still nice and sunny here in Cali, good RC weather.