RCU Forums - View Single Post - I live in a country where I can't get Methanol, any ideas for how to run a glow engine!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Max_Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I live in a country where I can't get Methanol, any ideas for how to run a glow engine!

Why not just try to get someone to mail you a few quarts of fuel (a individual) and a box of cookies or something? Paypal a friend abroad to buy a few quarts (or a gallon and rebottle it to litres) and just mail it to ya? Seems a lot easier than the cruise ship ordeal, lol. Purge the air from the bottles and no one will know its even a liquid without opening it and if they just put a John Doe return address its hard to imagine that anyone could get in trouble and seems likely to me to have as good of chance of getting there as any other parcel? Of course you will only get a quart or two at a time,but is there some other reason this isn't possible? Might cost $25 a liter by the time its shipped, but how much are you spending running around buying cleaners, castor, and importing glow plugs? 2 liters of glow fuel weighs what? 5 lbs bottled?