RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Servo Operated Choke With DX7*
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: *Servo Operated Choke With DX7*

ORIGINAL: Brian Roth

Thanks so much! I figured it out. I thought i did this already through Switch select so i reset the model and tried it again and now its working. While i was doing this though another HUGE problem came. All of the sudden all the servos went crazy moving all over but in the same direction. I checked the receiver pack and it read 6.5 volts. This makes me scared. I used a regular volt meter. Is this the wrong way or inaccurate way to measure the batteries voltage?
You need to use an Expanded Scale Voltmeter (ESV) that applies a Load (usually .5a, 1a, 2a). I use the Hangar 9 Voltmeter. I use .5a for NiCad/NiMh and 1a or 2a for LiPos. The idea is to measure the voltage when simulating Current Draw from your servos. Unloaded voltage readings may appear normal, but when a Load is applied, the voltage will drop rapidly if the battery is discharged significantly.

You can also purchase a device like Voltwatch. It is strip of LED's that indicate the status of the charge, Green being he best and Red being the worst. It is very sensitive to subtle voltage changes such as you might see during a Brown Out. You can place it in the Canopy or on the side of the aircraft.