RCU Forums - View Single Post - From scratch To ARTF.
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 AM
pete-itsnoteasy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default From scratch To ARTF.

Anyone who knows me know that I 'm into scale in a big way many hours researching building & that Adrenalin moment of the maiden flight , & competeting with them around the Uk competition circuit ... But "Oh dear" I now seem to have caught the ARTF bug with it's instance gratification .. It started with the Yt international T28 + laser 200 power superb flying characteristics , Then I saw & just had to have the Black Horse Westland Wyvern & laser 300V Mine Was / Is perfect from out of the box to flying .. Its big but lite Its like rows of holes flying in formation how do they do that? Well Yesterday my wife & I found ourselves inside My local model shop, Smc , my wife got talking to Nick Scott the owner well its Christmas time & I find I'm about to purchase The Black horse Sea Fury "Whoopee." .. My wife Only wants a Bird Feeding pole ! so I will let you Know how I get on with it the Model that is ..
A pic of my Westland Wyvern about to land after its maiden flight Power is a Laser 300v; & look no engine sticking out of the cowl .. Flying no issues to report this model has has the look of something looking very difficult to fly & land, But on the contrary it's not .. .. The model was put together as suggested in the instructions .. the only mod was to increase the length of the tailplane aluminum rods to make sure that they located though the 2nd rib mine were both 2mm short .. so be aware .. .. Happy Christmas & New year to you all from the UK.. Pete Fullard .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19458.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1832702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99950.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1832703