RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

I can't imagine anyone paying $100 for a 72mhz radio unless it's 10 channels and pristine. Yes, they are still legal just as the HAM channels and the AM radios are, but they are, for practical purposes, obsolete. There is a niche of the hobby who doesn't trust the 2.4ghz equipment so there would be a small market there, and there are the few newbies who want the cheapest thing they can get also. The Futaba would come in handy as a buddy box, so you might actually come out ahead donating it to a boy scout troop or school with an RC program to get a tax deduction.
Going price for a good Futaba 9-C in my area is still about $100.00. Great radio and for $20.00 I converted mine over to 2.4 using a Hitec 2.4 module. This allows me to still fly my planes that are still on 72. There are several of us still using them. You have the choice of what system you want to change over to, JR Futaba or Hitec. I got my module on a special deal from Hitec some time ago. Any of the good older radios with the removable module can be changed over. The old 72s without the module aren't worth anything at all in my area. I have a couple of them I do use as a buddy box.