RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AMSOIL SABER 100:1 PRE MIX SYNTHETIC 2-CYCLE OIL AND AMSOIL QUICK SHOT FUEL ADDITIVE

Yeah I plan on switching to Stihl Ultra pretty soon.  But the carbon deposits were not a problem for me in the first place. I was really expecting a lot worse when I took the head off of the engine.  It used to be something of a regular maintenance procedure to have to decarbon my old two stroke motorcycle engines back in the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's.

I am concerned that the Amsoil 100:1 oil is more "snake oil" than real synthetic oil. If you have to use it at a 100:1 ratio, there may be something wrong with it. If you used it in a lightly loaded utility engine like a trimmer, blower et cetera, where the engine seldom if ever, goes to full throttle for extended periods of time, then the 100:1 would likely work fine. But not in a model RC engine intended to run full throttle under a full load for extended periods of time.