RCU Forums - View Single Post - 150% enlarged WingontheWeb HO-229
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: 150% enlarged WingontheWeb HO-229

The wife decided to leave for her parents a day early, so I got the evening to goof off before leaving tomorrow.

I spent a few hours cleaning up the shop since it was a wreck.

Then I chopped out 16 L brackets for servo mounts:

then I bolted up the flap servo's (JR ST-126MG) and the one elevon servo (jR 8711) to the brackets.

Then I installed the elevon servo to its mount plate and made up the linkage. There is VERY VERY little room between the lock-nut/servo arm and the drag rudder. so little in fact, that i had to sand a bit of the bottom edge of the corner of the drag rudder away. Its a very tight fit, but it fits.. barely!

Then I cut out the access panel for the linkage to clear. If I wanted, I could apply some .005" G-10 over the majority of the linkage hole and blend it in to conceal the linkage. but the way it currently is, you can remove the access panel without disconnecting any of the linkages. I like how this is convenient so i'll leave it as is:

since the available mounting area for the elevon servo is limited, I had to route out a bit of the access panel in order for it to fit flush over the aft edge of the servo:

and a youtube vid:
http://youtu.be/_aovvsWa4r8