RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly-Model mini Raven 30E
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Cpt Crash
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly-Model mini Raven 30E

Anybody try one of these yet? I just finished putting mine together. It's a pretty decent little plane. I used the hardware provided and found it to be OK, will probably replace the pushrods in the near future. Some construction notes:

The FG control horns epoxy into slots in the woodwork. It was easy to set up the wings since the servo slots are precut.

The tail feathers require a bit more work. Rudder pull-pull horn slot was only partially there, requiring some cutting and alignment. Still, the included FG horn worked out fine. I ran the wire into the CF horns, used the copper crimps, then used the included pushrod retainers to secure the servo ends of the pull-pull wire.

Stab/elevator seems a bit fragile. I'll probably put CF rods from bottom of tailcone up to stab to prevent flutter.

The Exceed 3020 motor is a direct drop-in for the included motor mount. Any other motor will require mods to the mount.

The only "major" glitch is that the tail feathers are slightly out of square with the wing. I used Solar metal gear mini servos from Nitroplanes for all surfaces. Power will come from a 2200 mAh 14.8V 4 cell batt. Gotta get my Dynam ESC set up and installed and then take it out and try it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84150.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1841293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83834.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1841294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51626.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	74.7 KB