RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tail-heavy Top-Flite Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
ddemarco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tail-heavy Top-Flite Spitfire

Hi guys,

I'm sorry I haven't been very active this weekend, but as I told you, I travelled 450 Km to attend the final of the Wortld Glider Championship here in Buenos Aires. I know it's off-topic, and that a glider is hardly anything like a warbird, but I can't resist sharing a few pictures with you (the two kids in the last are my boys). It's been simply amazing, more than one hundred and twenty gliders on the same runway, one being towed away every 20 seconds (yes, all of them were together in the air in an hour).

Seventeen planes used to tow these lightweight beauties, and more than 5 hours of flying until the final was complete. Proudly, two Argentineans won two of the categories (3 in total). This is probably not going to happen again in my country any time soon, so I've been very fortunate to attend. A friend of mine took much better pictures, (including some amazing landings). So if you want me to post more, just let me know.

And now, back to the spitfire. I'll continue the work and keep you posted for more of the wonderful help you've been giving me so far.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51628.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1842607   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42881.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1842608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25468.jpg
Views:	34