RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lost and Found
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts
Default RE: Lost and Found

ORIGINAL: combatpigg Practically the same thing that hllywdb had happen happened to me when I was flying with my sister. She had the radio and was flying a .049 powered ''Nickle''. I got distracted for a minute while talking to someone else and by the time I looked at the plane again it was ''specked out''. It flew OOS beyond the horizon of Douglas Firs. It had to be at least 1/4 to a 1/2 mile out of bounds of the field.

A few days later I stopped by Tim's Hobbies in Everett and Tim was there as usual. He started asking me some funny questions about what I've been up to lately and I told him about losing the plane. I bought something and was about to say ''goodbye'' to him, but he told me to wait for a minute and he reached behind a nearby wall and handed me the plane..!!

He was out for a walk in the woods near his house with his wife and out of the corner of his eye he spotted some bright color. I've told this story here before, but it's been awhile..... I have 2 other unbelievable crash stories, [not counting C/L Combat Tales] but will save those for another thread.
You have a lot of neat stories there, combatpigg, I really enjoy hearing about them. I think it great your sister enjoys flying, too. One of our club members is in his mid 70's, his wife is also a flier. They both fly together.

We'll need to hear about your C/L Combat Tales. [8D]