RCU Forums - View Single Post - best oil to use
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best oil to use

+1 on any good oil mixed right. Most of the folks who fight tooth and nail about defending Amsoil are Amsoil dealers. I bought a new Brison engine some years back and Gary Allison the owner at that time told me Amsoil at 100/1 was fine untill I had to send the engine back for repairs. I was on the Lawn and Garden equipment site a couple days ago and there was a big fuss there about 2 cycle oil as we have here on the model boards. Cracks me up. Brian

ORIGINAL: Indiomike

I don't have too much interest is arguing which brand of oil is best or which is worst.

I can tell you this. I attended the AMAEXPO in Ontario about 10 days ago. DA had a booth there. I asked one of the DA reps there if they still recommended Amsoil mixed at 100 to 1. He said they used to but don't anymore because Amsoil changed their formula about 4 years ago not to their liking. They did have an oil on display and it was Redline. He also said DA was fine with several different brands of oil and they no longer recommend one specific brand of oil only.

Some people will swear by a brand or mix ratio of oil and others will swear at that same brand or mix. I think any major brand mixed properly is fine provided it is designed for air-cooled two stroke engines.

Mike