RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 AM
dj4monie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Tamiya TT-01 Thread

Okay a couple of things... I sold my other cars and now I want to purchase another car. I have been on the fence and I won't be purchasing until I have saved enough for the budget. I am going with a TT-01E because of its reasonable cost.

I just don't know if it will be RTR or even the completed ES kit. I just don't have the time to construct kits, especially the diffs.

I would race TCS and get the TT-01R but I think its silly you can't run the included tires but must run harder kit rubber. I already have a radio (75Mhz FM), battery (3300mAh NiMH) and Peak Detect charger.

Hobbypartz has horribly cheap BL's, so I may get those along with bearings, Mini Oil Shocks, Speed Gear and Pinion(s).

I also wanted to get into FPV using my MS Sidewinder Steering Wheel with high bandwidth Video, possibly Dragonlink UHL to carry both the video and radio signal. I like the appeal of running the car around beyond LoS with a just over the hood or maybe bumper cam POV.

Question -

Mainly I wanted to know how much Brushless I can get without melting the stock drivetrain (beyond bearings and alum driveshaft)? I've seen 5.5T and 8.5T listed by some users on the forum. I wasn't sure the current gear ratio was available for such a low turn motor. The goal is to get as much speed as possible. Running the car in the street but low traffic areas, I want the top speed 5-10mph above school speed limits (25mph) to avoid getting run over in a emergency. I also wouldn't mind drag racing scale cars up to 60mph but it seem the realistic limit of the gearing/chassis is about 45-50mph.

I haven't posted in a long time, so thanks.