View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:36 AM
bigE
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ed's Ziroli B-25 Build

ORIGINAL: Termites Dream

BigE,
hope you are enjoying the build. I started mine in August, thread is over on RCSB. I struggled with the decision of engines, mainly G26 versus DLE35RA. Eventually went with the Zenoah after talking with the guys at Ziroli, a B25 pilot at Indiana Warbirds and reading numerous threads. The most important thing in twins is reliability and the magneto G26 probably has the edge there, though the DLE is a great engine too. Another factor for me was that I was a bit concerned the DLEs might be too loud for the sound restrictions at my field. The G26 will have enough power for this plane. The stock muffler on the G26 will stick out the side of the cowl, but I might get the Bennett mufflers to deal with this.

Also, I would suggest you consider the Robart electric retracts. I have been waiting 6 months for mine, I am told they are nearly ready, I hope they will be worth the wait. Cost is not that much more when you consider the cost of all the air gear and they are much simpler than dealing with the air lines, leaks etc.

Other suggestions: beef up the join between the horizontal and vertical stabs. Use thin wing servos in the vertical stabs to power the rudders. Use 4 flap servos (I used 2 and getting those music wires right so they dont bind is a bear). I will probably get the DX18 radio for this plane. The extra channels make things a lot easier and will be needed for bomb bay, bomb drop etc. It also includes a gear door sequencer which saves you $100 right there.

Good luck! David

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=19100&PN=1
David,
I just read through your entire thread over on RCSB- very nice! I'll be using your thread as a "guide" as I go. I do have a few questions for you- are you concerned about the weight issue with having 4 servos in the tail? Id really like to go that route but I'm concerned with all the talk of keeping the tail as light as possible.
Second- did you use the phenolic sleeve for the wing tube? just seems like a pain to insert the outer panels into the center section without them, no?