RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 30cc P-47 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM
airborneandlovingit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 30cc P-47 Build Thread

Thanks NJMHELI for the quick response. Should I send the frames for the mechanicals to lado to be fit with the electric actuators? I sent off to Robart for the Robo struts. I had to order the XL's since the stock strut was too short. I also measured the stock struts that came with the plane and they are 3/8' diameter. I checked the Robart sight for weight specific information on the diameter of strut to use depending on the model weight. For a plane 18-24 lbs it recommended 1/2 inch. It's not a wonder I had a few issues with struts bending a couple of times on slightly less than perfect touch downs. I ordered the 7/16" struts since 1/2 " would have been too large to fit. I took the retract mechanism to a machine shop to have the recepticle end bored out to accept the strut. I found that I also had to make a notch in the strut itself, not too deep, but deep enough to allow the bolt to pass through that secures the strut in the mechanism. I also had to cut the length of the strut a tad to hit center in the wheel well. On the picture I noticed you had to cut a notch to allow for the scissor clevis on the strut. Other than that I guess that was pretty much all you had to do. Let me know on the lado actuators whether or not I need to send my retract frames to them or if I can install the electric actuators myself. Thanks.