RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New to QUADCOPTERS? Buy the Blade MQX to LEARN....Just my advice!

I recently got into Quadcopters and now I LOVE THEM lol. I asked myself should I build or buy one first to learn? How big should it be etc?

Then I found the Blade MQX....it's small but easy to fly in the wind and easy to fly in general! Ready To Fly, just charge and fly. = EASY

The reason I suggest new pilots buy an MQX is because they don't weight hardly anything and when you crash.... most of the time nothing breaks. YAH REALLY! Not saying it will not break but i'm the guy who always breaks everything I own! It has been that way all my life. So for the money it is awesome! I paid $100 shipped on ebay for a new one,( just keep looking and you'll score a good deal like this or even cheaper.)

Well after owning it 1 month i've probably crashed over literally 100 times NO JOKE. The first 50 crashes nothing broke AT ALL, maybe simple push the gear wheel back on the propeller shaft or push the motor back down etc, but it was a quick/easy fix and I was flying again. I really learned to fly quadcopters without fear of breaking a 400+ Quadcopter by flying this MQX and man does it fly well. I've taken it up about approx 400+ feet etc and it is awesome! (Bought orange blades to help see it)

Today I can fly it like a crazy man, banking turns, out and back and Hover etc. I have already gotten my wife and a friend of mine into flying quadcopters with my MQX and they are loving it also + I don't have to worry about them destroying it. If they do break something then it's a cheap 5 dollar fix or max $35 dollars for the main board if it breaks (kinda pricey but eh).

So all in all I am EXTREMELY happy with buying the MQX and I really think it is one of the best ways to learn how to fly Quadcopters. Simulators do nothing for me I need real world hands on flying to get better and i'm sure a lot of you are like that also. So crash and have fun doing it with the MQX, then get better and upgrade from there. I previously had 0 flight experience! Now my buddies look at me like I am an experienced pilot even though I only have 1 month of flying under my belt.

Just wanted to share my experience with everyone in case anyone was on the fence about buying the MQX.