RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Eman77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

ORIGINAL: Hwa224

For pure bashing, I rather prefer tires without the foams since inserts rot out real quick as soon as you hit a puddle. Worst of all, the balance of the wheel is never the same after a wet bash. Just me?

So I'm fine with the 3 sets of tires I recently purchased considering that they're now almost all sold out. But Ebay has a few sellers in China selling some interesting sets of buggy tires (12mm hex), for about 20 bucks.

BTW, DB02 sucks. I'm comfortable with this conclusion. The battery layout is awkward and restrictive and the DB02 seems to have major durability issues - the ball diffs melt or something. Sure, the shaft drive seems to be a plus, but not in practice.

I wonder if anyone's ever tried placing a relatively short 550 size motor on the DB01 - cut out the side guard on the chassis and force the shell to push out a little, and then gear it up ? perhaps ? to place less torque on the belt and power train. Trade off would be improved speeds at better effeciency.

Then again, rather than all that it's probably best to just get a 1/8th buggy.

I dunno, I bash in puddles sometimes without regard to the foams, and haven't really noticed any issues. How can you tell if they rot if you can't see them? I doubt I could tell if the wheels went out of balance since I never balance mine anyway - it's not like I race, or running at 60 MPH where I'm overly concerned about it. I'm usually running in an area that throws the buggy around so much that wheel balance is the least of my worries.

For racing, of course, it's another issue.

But then, no foams seems so 1980. No foams means you're running on flats all day - how good could THAT be for performance?