RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do you have a problem showing your crashes
Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
fred985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you have a problem showing your crashes

ORIGINAL: irocbsa

I'm one of the guys who typically don't post crash photos, mainly because I feel like an idiot and spend the rest of the day second guessing myself until I'm blue in the face. As I'm getting older though, I'm learning to just try and have a good laugh when something bad happens. ''You have to laugh or you'll cry'', as the saying goes. So, in the spirit of the thread, here's my latest handiwork.

Top-Flite 60 sized Corsair with a 35cc gasser, second flight. Got squirly on take off, and I forced it into the air with the help of the massive thrust to weight ratio. Bad idea! She took off straight toward the trees and full right rudder and aileron weren't enough to keep her out of the branches. The initial smack into the branch tore the firewall completely out of the plane and took out 2 inches of the leading edge on each side of the wing. The subsequent 40 ft drop into the ice actually didn't do much more. [X(]

The best thing about crashing and being poor is that it teaches you to learn repair skills. The airframe is back together and waiting to fly again. This time it will be at our flying club and not off of my buddy's frozen lake.

aaaahhhhh hhaaa,,,a corsair with the tank tape on just like the real ones. i always look to see if the builders forget to seal the fuel tank,,,,hehe