RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroflyte Platypus
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 AM
nathj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aeroflyte Platypus

Good news guys i have the plans!

on the weekend a mate had a nitro car that i helped him get going and the smell of nitro made me want to get my platupuss out again.

i bought it in 1997 and it was the last one the hobby shop ever sold, iv gone through two radios, 5 diferent coats of paint and god knows how many props.

im still runing the original thunder tiger motor, i pulled it off the platypuss boiled it in soapy water (forgot where i saw that trick) and scrubbed it up with a tooth brush replaced the fuel tank and fuel lines sprayed in wd40 and tuned, and she still runs like the day i bought it. i was atually thinking that they dont make em like they use to!

so then i threw in a fresh set of digital servos an 8ch receiver beceause thats all i have lol and tuned into my turnigy 9x radio, i never ever thought i would be tuning in the platypus to a digital radio felt quit good actually and the funny thing is that the boat cost as much as the radio hahahaha

i kept the plans because i kept the plans to everything i have ever built and i remember thinking if i ever lost the platypus i would build it from the plans which are proper to scale plans with all cut outs!

so after having a fun weekend with my platypus i thought i would google it to see if i could find anything even pics and i ended up here.

now the hard part, i have just done a quick search with no luck but i promise you i do have it and the boss will know exactly where it is (the wife)

ill chase up tomorrow this is an awsome kit and it should live on! i have awsome memorys of all the aeroflyt products