RCU Forums - View Single Post - RotoFlow Fuel Tanks
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: RotoFlow Fuel Tanks

ORIGINAL: MTK
When I came back to gas 4 years ago, I used DuBro tanks and rubber stoppers for gas. Both tanks I built leaked at the stoppers. The stoppers were undersized compared to stoppers for glow fuel.

Switched to water bottle types 3 years ago and sourced plastic fittings, better gas line and eventually square bottles with large mouth openings. Coupled with genuine Walbro klunks, all of my gas tanks are now converted to this style and have been great. Leaks are gone and tank contents are simple to see since tanks are transparent. I don't glue anything permanently; all tanks are easily serviced but so far, none has required servicing.....

BTW- I offer all parts from my findings to fellow modelers for a mininal charge. Contact me directly if interested
Interesting!

Yes, I have noticed the DuBro stoppers being slightly undersized but as soon as the screw is tightened even a little bit, they seem secure. I tighten a bit more and they're good to go. I wonder if the leak problem is related to the available fuel in certain areas of the country .... like the Walbro carb problems that some people have and others don't?! But.... I believe you use Avgas if I remember correctly which would tend to discredit the fuel theory. Some people have reported the DuBro tanks splitting or the stopper coming out but I have never seen a DuBro tank split. And I have problems prying the stopper out after it has been in there awhile so I can't imagine how it could just fall out.

I just got done with my annual tank inspections in my fleet. I only replaced one stopper and one clunk line and they were both several years old.

I am going to try a water bottle tank one of these days just to see how it works out. MTK, I'll probably contact you for some fitting and advice. I may be old but I do like to try new things if they have merit.