RCU Forums - View Single Post - 150% enlarged WingontheWeb HO-229
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: 150% enlarged WingontheWeb HO-229

Since we got around 24" of snow today, I got to shovel snow all morning and then said forget about working my way through the snow to work, so I stayed home. After playing in the snow for a few hours with the wife, child and dogs, It was his Nap time so i did some work to the Horton.

Since I made the mistake of doing the snow camo before adding the insignia's to the tops of the wing panels, I made up the paint masks for those insignia's then marked on the wing where the winter camo needed to be removed and removed it with a scotch brite pad and some water downed windex.

Then the paint masks were put into position on the wing panels:

Then the insignia was painted:

Once it was dry, the paint mask was removed giving you this:

And then the winter camo that was removed was re-sprayed around the white insignia's on the top..

The Black insignia on the bottoms was also sprayed:

I then drew up the paint mask for the Radio call sign and the swastika. Since the swastika is typically placed on the vertical stabilizer and the Horton has no vertical stabilizer, the only vertical surface (or near of) was the aft end of the engine nacelle fairings, so I decided to place it there.

Then the Radio call Sign (Black 14) and swastika was sprayed on both sides:

I have to wait for some RLM 23 and 24 to arrive for the squadron tail band colors, then I can apply those and begin the weathering and get this thing done and ready for flight again!