RCU Forums - View Single Post - tc3 speed question
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 AM
WindyCitySquirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tc3 speed question

Start counting spur teeth if the size isn't molded into the spur...

Your internal drive ratio is (should be) 2.5:1

Do the math old school =

spur size / pinion size X internal drive ratio = FDR (final drive ratio)

The lower the final drive = the faster it'll go -

BUT ya can't go too low...

or try the chart link

http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create

Other possibilities:
The motor timing is off
The motor is a dog
The TX, RX and or the ESC need to be recalibrated / set up
The TC3 gods don't like you...

TC3 manual(s) and stuff here =www.teamassociated.com/manuals/TC3/

Set up stuff =www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php

ORIGINAL: esotherden

Out of the hobby for 15 years and got back in 6 months ago. I got a used tc3 and put the 13.5 turn brushless novak drift spec ESC and motor in. I don't have it set up for drift. Just want a car to run in a large nicely paved parking lot next to my house. With the good weather I just was driving it and it seems slow. The batteries I've tried are the 7 cell NIMH one that came stock with my Slash and a 2 cell 5600 50c Venom lipo. I've even put on a large 26 or 28 tooth pinion. Not sure what spur sinceI got it used.

The car seems slow. My others are an RC10b4.1, Slash 2wd and Losi Mini 8ight. They all seem faster on the pavement than the onroad car. The tc3 tracks well and grips the road tightly, so I can see how it would be fun to drive on a road racing course, but just seems slow in the big parking lot.

Any ideas as to why it seems slow, or is it normal my other cars would be quicker? I know the Novak is no longer what it was when I was first in the hobby, but it seems that any decent brushless set up should make for a quick parking lot car. Is it because I got the drift combo?

Thanks for any ideas.