RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT01E Mods Help
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
-JBLKING-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT01E Mods Help

I just acquired a used TT01ES XB Sport with a Subaru Impreza body and lights which I just cleaned and rebuilt. It has the YEAH RACING kit partially installed with steel outdrives (unknown brand but has "39" marked on them), stock AM/FM reciever, LRP AI ESC (stock one went fritz), Venom 17d motor, and bearings all around. All these parts came in the package along with all the stock parts and other half of the unused kit. This being my FIRST 4x4/shaft driven/touring car, I am not sure what the game is about these. I cannot seem to find a good dealer for Tamiya parts or much support in general. This car is far from perfect but I am learning. I did some dremeling and shimming but basically the chassis came with the offroad rally mod where the skid plates are cut to allow for maximum suspension travel and a homemade center chassis skid plate has been installed. However, I would like advice and recommendations to point me in the right way to fix some things.

1. The AM/FM range could be better. Is there a cheap way to convert to 2.4gHz?
2. I have the extended body mounts but they are constantly loose and move. Is there a better way to mount them? (The phillips screws strip out the mount) FIXED!
3. Is there a way to fit a 8.4v NiMh battery without buying a hump pack and changing the straight battery hold down? (Trying to use a straight 7 cell I have)
4. My transmission rattles and stutters at low RPM/throttle even though I have cleaned and greased everything. Does anyone know why? FIXED
5. Are there metal gears available? I could not find any and would like to have an all metal gear assembly.
6. Does anybody know of some decent cheap upgrade shocks?
7. Where can I get the ball screw joints for the steering links (3mm)? I can not seem to find any.
8. What are some good brushed motors when I need to replace the old Venom?
9. Is there anything I should do before going brushless? (if I were to)
10. Are there roll cages for touring cars? (may consider making my own)

Please comment or post pictures. I would love to see what you have done to yours. Thank you for looking!