RCU Forums - View Single Post - My
Thread: My
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My

This is supposed to be a 540 can and it appears to be shorter than the Velineon 3500 motor and only marginally longer than an Orion 540 Ihave installed in my buggy. Even trying to bolt it into the motor mount was a little tight. It was like the mounting holes didn't line up as well as they should. Anyhow, the motor bolted to the mounting plate and the gear mesh it good. As you can see in the last photo, the back of the motor can sits on the bolt that the front upper suspension link mounts to. If I put a spacer under the transmission then the motor will clear and the U-joints still seem to turn OK without binding. Like I said, spacers will work but, they look half-assed.

Also, I've found a servo relocation kit online that makes it chassis mounted instead of axle mounted. I want to do this despite the fact that the truck will bump steer; it looks more scale and the servo rubs the chassis rails right now. Is there a recommended brand / product that is recommended?

EDIT: RCU is experiencing some trouble so photos won't upload. I'll check again later and see if their server takes them.