RCU Forums - View Single Post - My
Thread: My
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:15 AM
The Real Dogman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

Also, I've found a servo relocation kit online that makes it chassis mounted instead of axle mounted. I want to do this despite the fact that the truck will bump steer; it looks more scale and the servo rubs the chassis rails right now. Is there a recommended brand / product that is recommended?

EDIT: RCU is experiencing some trouble so photos won't upload. I'll check again later and see if their server takes them.
you don't have to have bump steer with a chassis mounted servo, you just need the Pan Hard Link Mount which corrects the bump steer. Hands Brothers makes a good kit for the Chassis Mounted Servo and Pan Hard Link Mount. Great quality and perfect geometry with no bump steer. Here is a pic, although kind of hard to see, of a pan hard link mount with a chassis mounted servo. You need both for correct steering. Just google "SCX10 Pan hard mount" or "SCX10 3 link kit"

The one below is a cheaper Level 3 Version, it works and does its job, just cheaper.

Or you could go the super cheap route with some stock parts like this guy did, in the link below.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...-write-up.html

You will find alot more good stuff on that website too!!