RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

Here, I dug up a few pics of the Big Red One with the 6 foot wingspan. The antifreeze bottle in the picture is for scale. Used the standard 2200ma 3 cell lipo for it and as said I think a HXT3536 motor if memory serves. Very cheap. If details are wrong you'll find the info in prior posts about it.

The plane had major trim issues on it's maiden that couldn't be compensated completely for via the external radio trims being maxed out. Needed to land to adjust them further inside the radio computer settings.

After a few minutes of fighting this beast in the air to keep it upright my hands were shaking, so I handed it over to a friend who has extensive flight experience, as he's a much better pilot than me. Problem is he is used to instant reaction with the very fast planes he builds, so he was mobbing the controls and not waiting for it to respond a few seconds later, much like navigating a large boat. You needed to hold the stick for the response you wanted in that position for a few seconds and then let it come around to doing that. I should have conveyed that to him but didn't, so it crashed. I could have repaired it but wanted to re-build with some design tweaks, but never got around to doing so...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55982.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1866362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59130.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1866363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29295.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	81.4 KB