RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glass Filled Nylon Engine Mount vs CA?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 AM
jmcowart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass Filled Nylon Engine Mount vs CA?

Does anyone know for sure about the compatability of CA with the standard new Glass Filled Nylon Engine Mount as found with the GP Big Stik?

My question stems from my installing a four stroke (O.S. FS-95V) engine on a Big STik .60 using the provided engine mount. I understnad that is glass filled nylon. I ended up using the Dubro 4-stroke throttle linkage which required drilling and tapping into the side of the mount for the lingage arm.

Idid all that, then had to take it back off to hook up the throttle arm, etc. Point is, the 4-40 socket head bolt seems to now be a little loose in the hole. I am concerned about it not holding.

Question is - would there be a problem using medium or thick CA to lock the bolt into the nylon mount? Or would there be some kind of compatability issued between the CA and the glass filled nylon?

Or am I just making problems where there are none?

If any of you have been there and done that, I would sure appreciate your thoughts and advice. Maybe there is something Ishould do that I'm not seeing..... Thanks much. Mike.