RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is your favorite vintage RC?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
CDR Hood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your favorite vintage RC?

My favorite all time is the Hornet.  My friends had RC-10s and the like about the time I got mine.  One friend sold me his Hornet or most of one and the rest of my friends gave me enough pieces to have a complete one and a controller, etc.  I still love those guys for that, how nice for a bunch of selfish kids to pitch in so their friend has one too? 

The first thing I did was get a hold of a 30s Ford Coupe body and made it a sweet hotrod, lol.  My friends had never dome that, they were all buggies and trucks, but thought it was cool.

BAck to present:  I went into a hobby store the other day and there it was, BAM.  I instantly loved it again.  Those wheels, why do I love those little wheels so much?

I went back and also found my old Hornet at my parents, so I am going to restore that too.  I am going to try and epoxy or something (a few cracks) the old 30s Ford Coupe body and repaint it too, just to see what I can do with it.

I always desperately wanted a High Roller though, but my funds never got close to it.  My friend also said that it was cool, but a little junky and would probably break dpown.  After I am "done" with my Hornets, I may get one of the crazy 60mph new Traxx trucks and put a classic 50s truck body on it, we'll see.