RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gotta Love Them OS Guys
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:07 PM
WoodCutter
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gotta Love Them OS Guys

A couple of comments...
I realize that the O.P. was probably talking about ball bearing engines but the last time I checked, the OS La .65 was way under 200 dollars. In my book (and I bet quite a few others) a bushing engine is just fine for "sport" use.

Now the way I figure it, there are many instances in life when we make a choice to pay a little more for a "good" product that's made in a particular country even though something as good or maybe even a little better can be bought that's made somewhere else. It's a good thing too since any of the older industrialized nations would have little manufacturing jobs left after 3rd world countries with starvation wages out-competed them in the global market. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the Chinese people or any other countries people but we have little choice when it comes to buying electronics, clothing or many other products. The last thing in the world I would want is an engine made by an economic rival that doesn't compete fairly on a level field when there are good alternatives ie; Fox, OS, Mecoa/K&B and others are to be able to be bought new.

Lastly, while I wouldn't argue that OS's are THE best engines to be had, my personal experience with them has always been that they rarely produce a "lemon" with defects from the factory. That is with 35 years of experience with them.

I would agree though with the O.P. that it is still best to give an honest opinion when someone asks about an engine choice and let the person asking decide for themselves.

I could just be though that a lot of people out there have had the same luck with OS's that I have.
By the way, I too would like to know if OS has started outsourcing to China/Taiwan. If so it would be disapointing to me. sigh...