RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old Fart, I'm back. The trip for the SAM 1788 champs was great.  Had a number of notable things happen (not to me)
1/ Actually saw a bent Saito 65 shaft.  I mean it was so bent that you couldn't miss it at a guess I would say about 5 degrees plus.  The motor failed to shut off the model went on its back and the wing tips met and it came in vertical full bore from about 400feet.
2/Saw the difference between a Saito 62 on 30% nitro turning a 12 x 6 APC verses a 13 x 6 Bolly, about 500feet and about believe it or not 500 rpm more (12,100 by 2 tachometers) , and better height on the Bolly
3/ Saw another 62 with rattly bearings and rockers shaft run and seize (to bloody lean) at 6,000 RPM  or there abouts.  He was trying to get same RPM as engine in 2.
4/ Saw another Saito (or maybe an OS demolish a dog house and another one go through a metal garage (single car type)4/ And some extraordinary antics by a couple of Dubbjets that persistantly (and final achieved) tried to bury themselves
Me, I came home with a sweet running 65 (after an extensive rebuild), and a new respect for OS 32SXH engines fitted with Nelson mufflers.
Saw the new Taipan 2.5 replica and noted the demise of my favourite engine, the YS 63, in favour of the Saito 62 on steroids.
Great w/end believe it or not now looking forward the SAM Australia champs at Coota in October.
BTB those 4 channel Spectrum R/x's are the bees knees for the O/t application.